- Role: Corporate Cluster at Action UAE
Level: Communications Manager or Senior Communications Manager
- Core Candidate Requirements:
- Driving license and own transport
- Excellent English writing proficiency; journalism experience preferable
- Proficiency in drafting content for financial services sector would be advantageous
- Agile, flexible and problem-solving mindset
- Develop and lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution, aligning with the client’s key business objectives, and integrating (where required) with social media and digital activities.
- Lead on planning and activating client campaigns and ongoing scope of work.
- Identify opportunities and suggest creative campaigns that will position the client positively in the media and with consumers.
- Using strong command of written English (and / or Arabic), lead on researching, and drafting and editing high-quality, ‘journalist standard’ editorial content (i.e. press releases and features) along with any other written copy required by the client such as Q&As, talking points, financial services-specific content, etc.
- Ensure all communication is engaging, relevant, consistent, credible, timely and in the appropriate writing style.
- Proofread final materials – including those of your colleagues – for sufficient newsworthiness, as well as the basics of correct spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to meet client deadlines, ensuring reports contain relevant analysis of client activity and recommendations.
- Establish and build high-level media contacts, securing coverage in a variety of media outlets that are important to clients.
- Ensure team media lists and client materials are kept up to date and saved on the Action UAE server.
- Assist in managing crisis communications.
- Look for opportunities to grow the client’s scope of work and increase annual fees and revenue.
- Working knowledge and information gathering of the marketplace to help determine the best opportunities for clients.
- Oversee the development of a calendar of events or key occasions around which to proactively recommend commercial activities.
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed on time.
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior team. Lead client meetings.
- Supervise junior staff, their activity and workload on corresponding clients.
- Support in internal brainstorming sessions and create workable programmes including proposal writing for new business and existing clients.
- Proactively gain an understanding and working knowledge of all core communications disciplines across Action UAE, including social / digital media, design and production, with a focus on core PR, to provide a quality assurance check of project deliverables, assisting with the implementation of best practices and solutions across function.
- Stay abreast of communications industry trends.
- Support senior team and liaise on basic quotations and invoicing between finance teams and clients.
- Actively pursue new business leads and prospects.
Note: Job descriptions are a guideline of staff responsibilities. Meeting or exceeding day-to-day responsibilities does not automatically merit a salary increase or promotion. Senior Management will review individual staff members annually based on performance and appraisals linked to (but not exclusively dictated by) job descriptions.
Send CV to: