Shamal Communications is looking for a Senior Account Manager/Account Director!
This role is ideally suited for someone looking to make the step up to the Account Director level. With guidance from the senior management team, you will be responsible for developing strategies, producing quality content, analysing usage data, and managing projects and campaigns for a diverse range of B2B and B2C clients as part of a busy, close-knit comms team.
There are ample opportunities for flexible working, while the company provides the perfect platform for self-starters with a solid commission model in place.
- Build and manage effective client relationships.
- Develop, oversee, and implement delivery of comms strategies, plans and timelines, driving forward key projects and ensuring objectives are met and budgets are adhered to.
- Responsibility for drafting content including press releases, Q&A documents, media briefs, articles etc.
- Devise innovative and engaging ways to drive positive media coverage across all media channels – print, broadcast and online.
- Continually drive creativity throughout the accounts and the wider company, delivering unique ideas for campaigns that add value to the client proposition.
- Responsible for all aspects of quality control: conducting checks of all documents, particularly of written material in English, submitted to clients for approval.
- Managing team members to ensure they deliver the highest quality communications support to clients.
- Provide support with recruiting new team members.
- Produce market insights, including consumer, media and industry trends as well as being aware of competitor activity.
- Help to implement current processes and take initiative on improving processes within the team and wider company.
- Adopt a proactive approach to seeking out new business opportunities.
- Develop plans for new business acquisitions and prepare and assist with new business pitches/presentations.
- Proactively maximising opportunities to PR the company in regional media and via owned digital channels.
A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media strategies and advertising, particularly campaign development, advertising, and branding.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the PR and/or media industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate the delivery of results in both the PR and digital spheres.
- Experience in B2B communications is a must.
- Strong understanding of the Middle East (GCC and Levant) media landscape.
- Equally comfortable working autonomously and liaising closely with senior management.
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- A strong communicator, able to manage upwards as well as prioritise their own work.
- Excellent communication skills, with native-speaking standards of English.
- Experience with events/exhibitions PR is an advantage.
The successful candidate will work closely with all teams within Shamal Communications and report to General Manager.
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible working environment
- Solid commission structure for new business
- Employee training opportunities
- Company-sponsored events
If you are interested in applying then contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter telling them why you’d fit the bill.