Date(s) - 29/09/2023
12:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Communications organisations – whether agency or in-house – are prioritising project management as a core competence for their teams. Why ? People that have had project management training find using these disciplines, tools and skills drastically improved their project performance, minimised over-servicing and increased stakeholder satisfaction. This course is designed to provide attendees with the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage any size project in a structured and professional manner.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Virtual Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Trainer: Emanuela Giangregorio MPRCA
How Will Attendees Benefit
This course will help attendees understand the language, principles and practices of Project Management, and provides the basic tools and techniques needed to plan and manage projects from initiation through to completion. Facilitated by an experienced Project Manager, trainer and coach, this is a practical course, rich with exercises to give attendees an opportunity to practice the skills learnt before applying them back in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
All roles that are responsible for leading and delivering business projects.
What you Will Learn
The day will cover:
Project Management Basics
- The project life cycle
- Definition of project success
- Project Manager roles and responsibilities
- Fundamentals of Planning – aligning objectives with business goals
- Establishing the project scope
- Structuring the project team and assigning Responsibilities
- Mapping out the project stakeholders
Project Activity Scheduling
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling time and resources using a Gannt Chart
- The Importance of the Critical Path and how to use this to deliver projects on time
Controlling the Project with a CAIR Log
- Understanding and managing scope changes
- Identifying and managing risks and issues on the project
- Key elements of a project progress report
Summary of Project Management Best Practices
- Summary of templates and frameworks
- 10 Principles for successful project management
- Personal action planning
Materials you Will Receive
Full set of course notes and project management templates which can be used without copyright restriction after the course.
Bookings are closed for this event.