Date(s) - 14/09/2023
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
You have probably spent a lot of time writing campaign plans and communication strategies for specific projects and initiatives but do you know how to start to prepare a communication strategy for the business as a whole? Would you know where to start, what to include and how to bring it together so that it is both detailed and accessible to those leading the organisation?
The communication strategy for a business or organisation has to start with the business objectives, employee feedback and the organisational culture. Preparing a strategy that will succeed is about more than communication and PR.
The workshop/webinar will provide you with a framework of how to research, write and implement a communication strategy.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Virtual Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Places available: 12
Places remaining: 2
Trainer: Amanda Coleman FPRCA
How delegates will benefit:
- Understand what is required from a communication strategy
- Know the research, data and insights that are required
- Learn how to write a communication strategy that will underpin all the communication and PR work
- Understand how to prepare a document that is accessible to leaders
- Learn about how some organisations have undertaken writing a communication strategy
What delegates will learn:
- The role a communication strategy plays within the business
- How to research and develop a communication strategy
- The elements that are required for a successful strategy
- What to do with a communication strategy once it has been developed
At the conclusion of the session the aim is for delegates to be able to attempt to develop a communication strategy for the business they are working with. They should know where to go for key data and insights and recognise the business planning approaches that will assist them in producing a successful strategy. They will feel ready and able to develop and implement a communication strategy to underpin all the communication and PR work the business undertakes.
Each attendee will receive learning materials from the workshop together with details of recommended further reading on the subject. This is an interactive session that will include discussion sessions, scenarios and real examples of communication strategy.
Bookings are closed for this event.