Date(s) - 12/10/2023
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Even before COVID-19 the true art of moderation and facilitation was already poorly understood and often ignored. But in today’s Zoom era, it has become a business-critical skill. This short course will provide attendees with the tools, techniques and confidence to moderate memorably and facilitate with flair – whether it is an entire conference, an expert panel or just a team meeting.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Virtual Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Trainer: Rod Cartwright FPRCA
How will attendees benefit
In today’s world of back-to-back meetings on Zoom and Teams, moderation and facilitation have become a non-negotiable part of our management, leadership and consulting toolkit. This highly practical session will arm attendees with the skills needed to moderate meetings and facilitate discussion in way that truly involves and engages their audiences.
The webinar will help participants to distinguish between moderation, facilitation and chairing, providing them with the confidence to lead conferences, panels, brainstorms or team meetings – whether remotely or in the real world! The session will draw on a 25-year career in building global agency communities, managing multi-national accounts, chairing major conferences and facilitating expert panels.
Who should attend
The course has been designed for any PR and communication practitioner (in-house or agency) whose role includes leading, moderating or facilitating, conferences, panels, brainstorms or team meetings.
What attendees will learn
The course will cover:
- The differences – and similarities – between moderating, facilitating and chairing
- The role of the moderator, facilitator and chair
- The critical importance of objective-setting
- The central role of audience understanding
- How to drive audience engagement and participation
- The power of advance preparation and clear rules of the road
- The importance of agility and humour
- How to work with different personality types
- The role of emerging technologies in driving involvement and engagement
- Follow-up slides and videos and the offer of a follow-up phone call to answer any questions from the course.